Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Anorexic fish part 2

Damn, what's with the stupid fish!?! Last night I had the unfortunately displeasure of scooping out yet another fish that died from being anorexic. Can't they simply learn some humanity (and humility) and seek help from professional when they've got an illness or something? I mean, it's a large enough tank and large enough school of fish in there that if there's a cleaner and a show-off then I'm sure there'd be a shrink in there somewhere! If all else fails, they should just forget about the unpleasantness and get on with life. After all, they're goldfishes and we all know their short-term memories are, well, exceedingly short, so it shouldn't be hard at all for any of them to forget about unpleasantness. Unless they forget to eat, hmm...

Oh brighter notes, school holidays!! OK, so it doesn't usually apply to me whether it's school holidays or not, but seeing that I don't have teachings during hollies I don't have to take my long drives (and I do mean LONG drives) to uni. Which is just as well seeing that the Visa 8c off petrol @ wollies deal is over. I can save some $$ and time by ystaying at home and pretend to work instead of driving all the way to uni and pretend to do work there. But so far it's been reasonably productive - went shopping on sunday, pretended to do work at 'work' work yesterday, plenty of gardening today. I suppose I should buckle down and do my marking tomorrow and maybe even start on my re-writing which is due in a wk... Oh who am I kidding. The ticker-tape parade is friday so there'll be no work that day either! Yippy!!

1 comment:

Bex said...

That is so bizarre. How ever heard of anorexic fish. Our fish die from obesity...it's almost obscene coz they look like they are going to combust at any moment!