Monday, November 28, 2005

Fun & education

A long wkend of fun & education. Well, more fun than education. Well, that I call 'education' at least. So here's what happened.

Seeing that I'm totally unmotivated and uninspired to continue writing my chapters, I've given myself permission to take a short break. And anyways, my supervisor has yet to read to the last 2 sections that I sent him & consequently delayed our meeting for almost a wk. Perfect time for me to think about other stuff for a little while & completely tune out. So, was already taking Friday off, & with Season 1 of Arrested Development on DVD promptly arriving early that morning, I spent Thursday night watching the entire Disc 1, Friday morning the entire Disc 2, & late Friday night half of Disc 3, before finishing it off Staurday over lunch. In the mean time, I also managed to squeeze in 1 documentary, 3 movies (on disc), some cricket, more fish work (more new borns from different sunset platy. Must have close to 100 fish in that tiny tank now. Must relocate fish by end of yr, and hopefully stop them from breeding so frequently. Or maybe I should just sell the newbies? Anyways, food for thought for later), put up & decorated (fake) xmas tree, finished my crafty things for xmas tree, replanted some African violets, & then today, had a hair cut, more cricket, watched another movie (on disc again), finished off CV for new job application (by adding in 5 lines :P), and realised not having finished claim for pposition but can't be buggered to do so today & will do so tomorrow. It's gd to mix fun with education. Education how you ask. Well, all the movies (including doco) that i watched were rather mentally challenging/mind opening (take Mysterious Skin for example), so I will take that as social education. And tonight, I read the little excerpt of honours thesis that Kev (supervisor) gave me & will now need to go get 3 more references/books tomorrow at the library. So, yes, very educational. Now, back to TV :P

No comments: