Thursday, December 01, 2005

$300+ worth of outlet therapy


Oroton
Originally uploaded by ragde2507.
After the celebratory lunch for Trish's final submit we stayed in the office doing various bits before I bolted about 3:30 down to the city as it looked like rain. I was planning on heading into city to do some xmas shopping anyways, so when I finally got down to ANZAC Parade to catch a bus, the 393 was waiting for me. So I ended up going to Central first (& thus Market City) before heading to Town Hall for Kathmandu. It turned out to be a therapy session that costed me a bit. As the title implies, it was more than $300, not including the airfares for the Melbourne tix that we just booked earlier that afternoon. While most of the $300+ went to this LOVELY Oroton leather briefcase ($299 after half-off. If I'm any dumber I'd think that I'd saved myself $300. But seeing that I'm not really that dumb, I actually spent $299 in order to save $300. Wait, does that mean I'm $1 better off???) I also invested into a Ken Done T-shirt (why did I say invest?), a knitted wool cap (no, not beanie. Cap) from General Pants, before finishing off with a compass and thermostat at Kathmandu. The train back to Blacktown was a bit of a long haul even though it was express already. Maybe it only felt long because it was peak traffic & I didn't have a seat & this woman keep hitting me with her (fake) snake/crocodile skin handbag every time she turns around. So she said sorry (once, after the first time), but is that really excuse for her to keep swinging her bag at me afterwards?? People are just so considerate ...

No comments: