Saturday, January 28, 2006

Brokeback

Saw Brokeback Mountain on Aus Day (26 Jan for all 'foreigners'). It was not at all a bad movie. There were bits that I couldn't understand though, particularly that Heath Ledger's voice + accent. That combination just makes it so hard to understand what exactly he was trying to spit out! A bit of a thinking movie, so I found the short story online & read it late last night/early this morning. Not very long (thus the 'short' part of 'short story'. Nothing Harry Potter like), so even for a slow reader like me I finished it in an hr & a 1/2. Having now read the story, I can only say that the movie pales in comparison, even though the movie itself is quite a good one already. Highly recommend watching then reading in that particular order.

Other movies on the list, not necessarily in any order:

1. Capote
2. Memoirs of a Geisha
3. Munich
4. Producers, the
5. Walk the Line

Damn, I only got 1 free ticket! That means I'll have to shell out for the other 4!?!?!

No comments: