Monday, April 10, 2006

Getting Creative


Creative Zen Neeon 6G
Originally uploaded by ragde2507.

After a bit of cajoling, I finally managed to talk myself buying a Creative Zen Neeon 6Gb. It has 7 different back-lighting, unlike the blue-lit MuVo TX FM 512Mb, all the great functions that the TX FM has/had PLUS line-in recording. Terrific investment I think. Now I only need to unload the TX FM that I bought less than 9 months ago. Already listed on eBay, will check how it's progressing nearer to the end.

On the same day that I bought my little Neeon, lil' bro Ben also got offered a contract job down in Wynyard. on way to dinner he stopped by Myer & picked up a 30Gb iPod video. Seeing that my Neeon doesn't have the video function (I'm not at that advanced a stage yet technologically) I'd just have to stick with books while train-ing.

WESTIR/WSCF office launch went without many glitches except for half of the entertainment turning up late. Otherwise it was a fine affair with 30 of the 50 complementary CDs of the new occasional papers gone along with a couple of the hard copies. It's back to mundane office-hood from tomorrow & think about next projects. Maybe I should really think about the recreation one?? A little in-person research wouldn't hurt, right? :P

Easter is coming by again and after a few yr's absence I decided it was time to head down to the Royal Easter Show at Olympic Park again. This time I went with the perenial-attendant Wendy & her cousin Terrence. Despite the fine weather (compared to the downpour which I endured 3 yrs ago, anything would have been fine weather) there weren't really large crowds anywhere, which suited me just fine. All in all, a fun day out to take my mind off things. By the time I got home 10:30-ish I was knackered & left all my un-packing to be done the following day (by others :P)


Speaking of taking my mind off things, I had yet another dose of that this morning. Last night was the helps party at the bridal residence. Attendance was quite high (20 or so, with about 10 more helpers absent) so after some food a run-thru of the big day's schedule was, well, run thru. The task list was 3 A4 pages alone. Luckily most people's tasks were limited to about 1/3 of a page, with multiple persons fussing over the same tasks. It should be fun watching them fight over "artistic differences" :) Anyhow, with more responsibilities ahead (ribbons to buy, bride's bday party, final dance rehearsal, buck's night, church rehearsal, the BIG DAY...) I'm totally buggened (mentally). Not feeling like writing (yet again) I finished reading the last few chapters of Marley & Me. I flicked thru and read the bit where Marley was put down after health problems when I was still about halfway thru the book some time ago, but the sadness that overcame me this morning was something that I did not anticipate. I literally weeped my way thru most of the last 3 chapters, with every few lines presenting new materials to cry about. I haven't cried in may years, & I honestly cannot remmeber exactly when I last cried except maybe my high school graduation (oh my God, was that really 8 & 1/2 yrs ago??). Anyhow, after that little liquid-release & reading of materials totally unrelated to my studies (yet again) I now feel totally refreshed & rejuvenated. Already managed to write 2 paragraphs in the last 2 hours. Wait a minute, why am I wasting my writing on this piece when I have more important things to write about? Oh buzz off then!

No comments: