Sunday, April 23, 2006

'Good' bad luck


DSCN0396
Originally uploaded by ragde2507.

Edmund got a call from his father while we were at Artarmon returning the rentals. I had parked our little old red Laser in front of his house the morning before so we only needed to drive 1 car over to Clement’s place to get ready for the wedding. His father had called because someone had crashed into the Laser this morning & dented not 1 but both cars on the left hand side (see above). At first we didn’t know who crashed into the Laser so we stood around for a bit & took pictures. I also took some more after I went home despite the fact that I was delirious and headachy from the compounded lack of sleep (14 hrs in 3 nights, not something I’d recommend to anyone). Eventually we found out that it was Edmund’s neighbour from across the street who crashed into the Laser while backing out from her driveway earlier that morning. The Laser also happens to be over-insured (or over-evaluated or however you want to call it). With NRMA’s advice, we think it’s possible to take the claim $$ & just write-off the car. We actually had been thinking about selling it for some time, but seeing that state that it’s in it is not actually worth much (yes, still delirious, can’t find a better way than to use 2 ‘actuallies’ in 1 sentence). This was we probably would get more for the car than to (1) either trade it in when buying a new car, which at last evaluation was only worth $500 that way, or (2) sell it off the street which we’d probably get a little more than $500 but no much still. I wonder what we’d get.

‘To do’ list:

  1. get hand-made name card & customised candy from bride & groom. I left in such a hurry to get the car ready that I didn’t actually have a chance to pack up anything except for what was already in my bag.
  2. organise to view wedding video together with rest of bridal party (minus Edmund, who goes back to HK this coming tues) upon the bride & groom's return from their honeymoon in 5-6 wks' time
  3. get 4-match package for Swans games Tuesday afternoon. Everyone (ok, maybe just me) is suffering from a little bit of a post-wedding blues so I'm trying to fit more events in (not that I should. I really should get back to writing my chapter)
  4. post-grad BBQ in just under 2 wks' time :)

No comments: