Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Starting all over again


Another old TV shell
Originally uploaded by ragde2507.

It's trash time again so the streets in the surrounding neighbourhoods are of course littered with, well, trash. Like usual, there are 'good' trash, and there are 'bad' trash. An example of 'good' trash would be this old TV set. I'm not sure if it still works or not, but it's old, it uses dials to change channels manually, and worst of all, has no remote!! Then why did I pick it up & brought it home? Well, for those of youse who know me, you'd know that I made a TV-quarium a couple of years ago (see Aug 1st blog). I also have a couple of other shop-bought aquariums, 1 of which is no longer in use. But I digress. The reason why I’ve picked up this, smaller old TV set was to, yes, you’ve guessed it, make another TV-quarium!! :D There actually isn’t any more room in the house to accommodate another TV-quarium, and no I’m not actually making it to re-sell (although I once saw them on sale at a market at $200 AUD a pop!). It is actually going to be a house-warming present for my bride & groom (see Apr 23rd blog). They’re on their honeymoon now & when they return they’d start looking for a bigger place to move into. Judging by their previous house-hunting effort, I’d say I’d have till xmas to finish this present (rotfl!!!!!) In any case, if the last time was anything to go by, it took a long time for the custom order glass tank to arrive (from memory it took nearly 2 months) so I can just take my time with it. Just as well, gives me time to work out the intricacies such as fixing the dials back on without the unpleasant mechanisms in the box, spraying it to go with their furniture, & to order accessories online.

No comments: