Sunday, July 02, 2006

Hulk food

Hulk food
Originally uploaded by
ragde2507.

So what's 1 to do when he's sick as a dog & have 4 ripe avocadoes? Make muffins of course! Even though I'm supposed to be fixing up my chapter 3, my heavy dose of cold/flu has left me incapacitated (at least I'd claim so). Having heavily drugged myself (on Panadol/Herron, chinese cough medicine, & Soothers/Strepsils) I simply have no mental/intellectual capacity to do any writing/re-writing, let alone the mood to do as such. So, with 4 ripe avocadoes that've been sitting on their sorry arses for the past wk or so I proceeded to put them out of their misery & baked them! First, you stripe (ha, stripe!) then dice, followed by moosh. When they're at a softened-butter consistency, mix in sugar as per normal muffin baking (minus the butter & eggs, ie avo as butter/egg replacement), followed by self-raising. Decorate with almonds & sesame seeds, & bake at 200'C for 25 minutes & wah-lah! Green muffins! They're not exactly 'spring lawn' green but more like a soft green tint. Kinda like the puss-green the Hulk has on while in the midst of transforming. My scoops of dough were a bit big so I ended up 1 short of a full dozen. Ah well. And the verdict? Only a hint of avocado, but that light sprinkle of salt on the scooped dough really brought out the flavours. I've already had 3 today!

p.s. That should teach me for staying up late to watch the darn Socceroos play the World Cup. Have been feeling horrible since wednesday (not just because we LOST after the most RIDICULOUS penalty decision!) but battling cold/flu + sleep deprivation. Ooh, Lucas Neill is at Sunrise tomorrow! Maybe I should stop by before heading to uni?

p.p.s. Damn! My Mozilla is mal-functioning again!!

p.p.p.s. Stupid dry cough!

No comments: