Saturday, September 23, 2006

My 12 days of work is finally over!! Apart from not having any handouts for the 1st yr class on Tuesday, N6 being a nuisance when I covered for Dan-ski's 2nd yr class on Wednesday, & being slapped a deadline on Friday for the Blacktown project, things have been pretty uneventful. What's more, it's mid-session break next wk! No class! Alas, I registered myself for the 'submitting your thesis' seminar on Tuesday, so still needs to head in. And it looks like Kev's transnationalism project has hit another rock & require some SPSS assistance. He actually asked my already while on the 1st yr field trip last sunday, but I was so dense I could barely process what he was trying to get out of the database I ended up being not much help at all. Looks like one of the RAs is coming in to meet with him on Tuesday so I might be called up again to do SPSS. At least that'll bring in some more dough as I've just been slapped with a $1400 tax-owing payment. As far as I'm concerned I'm still low income, but not according to effing ATO! So now I have to pay MORE tax. How wrong is that!?!

On a brighter note, finished the long 12 days with a Swans match last night. No, we didn't end up going because for some reason there wasn't a purchase option on the Ticketek website for the Swans match. Never went around to an actual Ticketek office either, so, no tickets. We just watched at the Fung's after dinner. Well, the 1st half anyway. We came home for the 2nd half. Yay, another Grand Final berth! Alas, will be stuck mid-way thru the ceremony of the Dan-Will wedding. Maybe I can sneak in a quarter or so while the girls go back to the hotel to change clothes/dresses before the reception? Also Auntie Francis' birthday yesterday, so cake was on offer. Hmm, rich chocolate mousse cake...

Missed the swordtail birthing again this time. Maybe I should just wait until I get a proper digital video camera to do the birth-filming instead of just using the low-res video function on the Canon...

No comments: