Monday, December 18, 2006

Heading home

After almost 5 weeks, It's time to go home. Yes, it's been 2 days short of 5 weeks since I left the Aussie shores, & so much has changed since then. I'm (personally) about 2-3 kilos heavier, probably A$2,500 poorer (which is still a bargain considering the travelling & shopping that I've done), have a job interview lined up 6.5 hours after I land, & most of all not quite as healthy. Pooping (sorry for the faeces talk) has been irregular for pretty much the entire time I've been away, only for the last week or so (since Beijing) I've been, well, 'watery'. Now I'm even flu-y. I wonder if I'd actually have enough fitness for the uni meeting & interview tomorrow.

On brighter news, my camera is fixed. I was trying to stuff it into my carry-on luggage just now & as usual it beeps just as much as you try to move it. In case it starts beeping again mid-flight, I was going to take the battery out when the stuck lense decided to retreat & function normally again. Great. It gets stuck for a week & stopped me from taking pictures of the Great Wall & the wedding from MY camera, & now just as I'm leaving (checked in, arrived at airport, bought duty free, about to board & all) it decides to function again. At least I don't have to send it out to be fixed when I get back. I fewer thing to do on my already stuffed schedule for the week.

Moving on to sad news, received email that my co-supervisor's mother has passed away over the weekend. That makes 2 funerals within a month. And refering to my earlier post (http://ragdearyme.blogspot.com/2006/11/three-weddings-funeral.html) it is no longer 3 weddings & a funeral, but 3 weddings & 2 funerals. But, having said that, I've heard that this comign funeral is family only, so probably still only going to be just 3 weddings & a funeral for me.


Ergh, feeling so sick...

Meanwhile, here is a selction of my Beijing photos:.


1 comment:

Bex said...

cute photos of you and Gigi! Welcome home eh! Happy new year!

When are we having our once every two years get together? haha still have your snoppys and other presents sitting around the house!