Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Right on my GMax spot

Finally sent off my final draft to the supervisory team this morning & now have probably a couple of weeks to float around before the final push weighs down on me. So I decided to go watch Get Smart after fiddling around wtih airline tickets & hotel bookings at work. Seeing I was at Parra already I went & watched it there. Unfortunately the movie was only showing on the 2 big theatres of the GU here - Gold Class or GMax. Being a poor little student that I am, I chose the cheaper option (GMax), & seeing it is Tuesday it was only $10 (normal Tuesday price is $8.50). The interiors look like Oslo's Coliseum Theatre which is of course very large. The seats are, however, very roomy & have armrests for every seat. There are also flat, wooden mini-tables & cupholders to put all your crap. There is also more leg room. Seriously, it's the only way to watch a movie from now on. If only they have GMax near home...

Anyways, Get Smart. It was quite a funny movie, lots of gags, but the deliveries of the "missed it by that much" jokes were flat & fell well short of the original series. The 'twist' on the baddy was also very easily picked from the get go so definitely not a brainy movie. In fact, it was the perfect remedy to uncoil the knots in my head after slaving through the final draft these past couple of months. ***1/2

No comments: