Thursday, July 07, 2005

Boredom

Incredibily bored. The server is once again down at WESTIR and thus I'm unable to check the old files on the server to see what needs to be saved and what requires deletion. Have already spent the morning going thru LJ Hooker & Domain.com.au to try & find a space for us to FINALLY move out of this dump; or at least continue talking about moving out of this dump. But seeing that the move will signify the cohabitation of 2 orgs it looks like yet another long and arduous process that will once again be dragged on for months. (Was twice close to signing new lease in Parramatta, but both times fell thru becos of small little things.) While continued to be bored by the lack of a server I trolled thru Domain.com.au myself for some fun. Didn't realise mezzanine and studio apartments in Broadway/Ultimo and Darlinghurst can be so cheap! Don't know if it's a good time to buy still seeing that I'm, umm, 'studying'. Plus the whereabouts of my post-studying future is still a big fat unknown, so better not to buy until the clouds of boredom have cleared a bit.

Went thru the new Blacktown Westpoint again today & was again lost in amongst the boarded-up shops under renovation and school holiday kids and mums. Must bring along map next time.

Speaking of getting lost and bringing maps, started writing my travel reviews in this post before deleting it becos I realised that there isn't actually that much that you can say about the American West Coast and the Mountain Zone (or at least the bits that I've been to). I was about to say San Fran was blend and grey, while Denver felt a bit too much like Adelaide to evoke any gd memories/feelings, but those are the things that you've already read in my emails so nothing new. East Coast and Europe are far more interesting for visiting and writing about, so maybe I should start on eastern Canada & NYC on next post...

Learned how to add new emoticons to MSN last nite. Wondering how I ever lived without such knowledge before!

No comments: