Thursday, July 07, 2005

Week in review

Been almost a wk since my return and a few things have happened. For 1, I've duely returned to uni & work & continued with my old daily grind. Uni office in particular is a mess - packages that I sent back, mails I received while away, things boxed up awaiting move, essentials missing 'cos I took 'em home before trip, etc. Work office haven't been that much better - light in hallway went dead, which meant we were bascially in the dark for the whole time (for an office without windows, didn't think we could be more in the dark than before, but we were). Again, a promised move never eventuated so I cleared my spot for nothing. Worse still, computer crashed before I went on leave & whilst it's been 'revived' nothing could be salvaged and/or saved. It's like having a face lift (not that it looks any better than before) without fixing the cellulite. On going projects continue to be on going and with no new projects coming in in the foreseeable future we're urged to start producing occasional papers (short research papers) again. Great, time to get creative!

Speaking of creative, am LOVING my Creative MuVo TX FX at the moment. Haven't put that many songs/files on it thus far, but am carrying it everywhere I go. Probably should spend less time playing with it & actually finish clearing out the stuff that I hauled back from all over the world and eventually left scattered in & around my room (and various other parts of the house). Would show pic of disaster zone, but still haven't worked out how to go 'round the pic-attaching bug yet, so won't. Maybe I'm just slow. Maybe I'm just a computer wiss instead of a wiz (not that I ever was a wiz). Anywho, I digress.

Was ICQ-ing with Sa when drafting this post & she thought I was recounting my travelling days online (hmm, recounting. Sounds so serious...). Might end up doing that bit by bit, city by city, or country by country. Have not decided what I liked
/hated most about the trip, so have no idea where/how to start that string of posts. Might save them for a rainy when I have absolutely nothing else to write about. And in the mean time, I'll continue to moan about my daily bores, and not being able to find out what time slots my shows have been moved to (missed OC 'cos I set the timer wrong, and LOST is not on this wk. At least I watched Desperate Housewives, even though I'm a bit messed up with the plot...)

No comments: