Wednesday, July 20, 2005

What a crappy day

What a crappy day. It starte out quite ok actually - got up on time etc etc. Even on the way to the train it was relatively smooth, despite the extra traffic because of the 1st day of the new school term. Then it all happened from the train ride onwards. It wasn't the most terrible thing, but almost (yep, only almost) ran into a former co-worker (who shall remain nameless for now) who quit over rather unhappy circumstances just months ago. I actually had already stopped talking to him ages before he quit given his wrecking record (he had been asked to be removed from projects no less than a handful of times by different clients). I was sitting, facing the back of the train, happily reading the magazine that I brought with me. 3/4 of the ay to Central & I had finished flipping thru & started looking around. Who did I see but this guy, sitting 5-6 rows back facing forward. Didn't think he spotted me, or at least our sights never crossed. He got off a station earlier than I did, from the doorway on the other end, so didn't have to face any akward moments either. Phew! Then got to Gowings looking for beanie without finding anything suitable. Bused back to uni & began day of work. Trolled thru interlibrary loans. Crap, recalled. Had to finish going thru & copying by end of day (& did). Worst still, another submittant, which means photocopier priority. Wonder when will it be my turn (to copy & the submit thesis). Then realised I either never had (not likely) or have lost the copy of a book which I need to write more about in my lit review. Had to quickly redownload (thank god it was also published as a journal special edition), reprint & probably reread too (who has the time). Had to do all that, plus get organised for moving, next wk's start of teaching, put away new photocopying, ended up 15 mins late for the bus. AND I had to be stopped by these Save the Children ppl near bus stop. Luckily the (unfortunately not the express) arrived a couple of minutes after so I could make a quick exit. Rushed thru dinner after getting home. fed the fish, fed the dog, got changed, & went out & played 3 bad sets of tennis. When will it end!?!?! Must ZZZ to change me luck. Ok, signing off.

No comments: