Saturday, December 17, 2005

Festive season

The festive season has finally begun. Thursday was the last board meeting of the year, & as per usual we all go out for lunch together on WESTIR’s shout. It’s the usual Thai Pagoda restaurant east on Main St. 1 last hurrah I guess, seeing that we’re FINALLY moving out of Blacktown & down to Parramatta in mid Jan. So of course for the last little while everyone’s been busy culling & packing & organising for the relocation. It’s been frustrating & boring & dusty & fun at the same time. The next time I’m in will be the traditional xmas sit-down that we have to surprise the newbies, & this year it’s Kristine’s turn. It’d probably be my last as well. Had my scholarship extended so I won’t switch to PT. There’s no need for me to work more to keep up with my $$ habits :) Have also applied for a well-paid temp job at Bureau of Crime Stats & Research, so if I get that I’d probably just stick with that instead of working 2 jobs & still doing PhD full-time.

On brighter notes, more xmas parties coming up!! The traditional geog xmas lunch is this coming Tuesday, followed immediately by kris kringle/housewarming at Dan & Will’s new place. Somehow this coming Tuesday end up being a pretty jam packed day, with usual tennis thingy happening that same night, but also a small party-ish thing at Pennant Hills. Which means I have to leave Coogee 7-ish & train directly to Pennant Hills. Then comes xmas eve at the Mo’s. If their last xmas party was anything to go by I should simply skip breakfast & lunch & just wait for the big feast. Seriously, as if there was any chance that 16 people could’ve finished a 8-kilo ham, 4-kilo turkey, steaks, chick wings, noodles, various salads, AND various desserts! We gave it our best shot & ate from 11 (am) till 11 (pm) yet alas still tonnes of left over. The do this year starts at 4 so I’m envisaging a smaller turkey?

Looking forward to Geelong & Aus Open. Yes! The Swiss Miss is back!

No comments: