Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pigeon funeral

Unfortunately I was driving when I saw this, plus the fact that I didn't have a camera with me, so there isn't a picture for show & tell. But it was a pretty unusual site; well, at least unusual for me. I was on my way down to see Brokeback Mountain, & just ahead of the corner where I usually turn right there was a school of white pigeons standing on the other side of the road, looking right, towards a freshly squashed pigeon (white again. I'm pretty sure they weren't cockatoos since they were a bit small, so let's just call them pigeons). Next to the squashed pigeon there stood a galah, facing left towards all the other, still alive pigeons, as if giving a sermon or eulogy or something. I've never seen anything like that before. On my way back from seeing Brokeback there was still only 1 squashed pigeon, so I guess no more got run over. Wish I had a camera with me :(

No comments: