Friday, July 14, 2006

Kev's 40th

Right, so all the big (late night) sporting events have come to an end for the moment, which should have meant no more sleep-deprived days. Unfortunately this plan had not exactly worked to the plan. Let's have a quick re-cap. Rewinding back to last Saturday...

Last saturday (8Jul) was Big Kev's medieval party to celebrate his 40th (for those who don't know, Big Kev has been my supervisor since the dawn of time) so us bunch of lunatics, all trapsed in our, umm, costumes and headed up to the Blue Mtns for the festivities, including the promised 'yeomanry games'. Some of us made bigger efforts in the costume department (photos below) while so were just plain slack. Anywho, seeing that the party was all the way up in the Mtns I headed up early & tried to get to Blackheath for a late lunch & antique hunting. Remembering my now financially-deprived status + the fact that I left home a little late, I didn't quite make it up to Blackheath. Instead I had a quick stop at Wentworth Falls (for whatever reasons that still escape me at the moment) before heading back down to Blaxland for the party. Nursing my recent stint of 'cold' I tried staying indoors for as long as possible, but alas the yeomanry games of archery, pillow fight on plank & jousting (yes, you read/heard right, JOUSTING) were all outdoors activity, so all of us were forced out into the ungodly Mtn chill. Apart from that, it was a gd feast for the 40 or so in attendance, with big plates of roasts, drunken Poms & Irish acting all 'medieval', & of course kids running amuck. I ran out of steam around 11 & headed home, just in time to catch the beginning of the 2nd set of the ladies' final. Who would've thought the tight(er) scoreline after the 1st set blitzing? Followed similar schedule on sunday except had Swans games in the afternoon instead. Kick-ass seat at row C (that means 3rd row) just right of the goalposts! & we were even on TV towards the end when play got stuck right in front of us for a little while. I've still yet to see th footage, but I've been told of it. Maybe I should go to afl.com.au & check for replay videos? Anywho, stopped for a quick break in Fox Studios (& naturally Sunday shopping) before heading down to Taylor Square for some photos for thesis chapter. Ended up getting to bus 5 minutes late becos of another impromptu stop to buy ϋberstone linen pants that were marked down from 129 to just 20 smackaroons! So much for limiting my spendings now that I'm on half-income! Watching Caribean Pirates I made me late for the men's final so only ended up watching 2 points of the 1st set. Again, who would've thought of the long drawn-out battle after that 1st set blitzing? I thought it would finish quickly so I could catch 40 winks before the World Cup final. OK, so I did end up catching 40 winks. Well, more like 400 winks becos I told the alarm clock to bugger off at 4am & just slept on without watching 1 sec of the final. Which is just as well, cos I had a relatively productive day on Monday rewriting, doing stuff got upcoming Cellar party, b'day dinner, & b'day lunch. More than half way thru this current rewrite. Have been staying up late again, not becos of rewriting though. Couldn't sleep Wednesday night until 2:30 in the morning & listened to the 51-hr Kyle & Jackie O broadcast instead, & last night was just from working on the Cellar party. Why do I put myself thru these wedding things time & again?? Must have been on some trip when I volunteered for wedding job...

the medi-evils!!

the guinea (pig) race


So thirsty

No comments: