Sunday, August 20, 2006

Weekend

Another wkend has come & almost gone. Below are the gist of this wkend's update:

  1. Freddie Mercury. Saw that a Freddie Mercury doco was on friday night but we were watching something else at the time, so could only look up the repeat on Foxtel. Great, 8:30. Still needed to get up early even on wkends! Good doco though. (Am going thru a Freddie Phase. Put the Queen Wembley concert on during my Wednesday morning recovery session & am now totally obsessed)
  2. D's Cellar Tea. After wk's of preparation, the big day was yesterday. It was a sunny warm day & everything went without much hitch. It was held at the Gastineau-Hills' in St Ives, a beautiful garden. Some of the Poles were a bit crazy though
  3. Lord of the Rings trilogy. Well, ok, so I didn't really complete the trilogy in 1 go like I have wanted for a long time, but I didn't get to watch the 1st 2 back-to-back. Home from Cellar Tea around 6-ish, & my brother was halfway thru LOTR 1, which, after a brief shower, I came downstairs & joined him for the rest of the show. After a brief session break to cook dinner, I immediately put LOTR 2 on in hope to finish the trilogy. Alas, by the time that was done it was 10, & I was rather buggered from the day. Have to leave it for another time. Probably something I should do AFTER I've finished the damn PhD! Guilted myself into reading an article & typing up some notes for the rest of the night.
  4. Sunday mid-morning sleep-in. Have been suffering from a mild case of sleep deprivation all wk (averaging 6 hrs a night) I finally had a 10-hr sleep session, i.e., didn't get up until after 11 this morning. After a bit of breakfast & TV, I decided that I needed some physical/gardening thearpy. Luckily I have a couple of guava out on the front patio that I raised from seeds some time ago in need of the bigger pots that I also bought some time ago, so I ended up spending a couple of hours on them, plus underplanting with thyme & sage, repotting the tarragon that used to accompany the thyme, & repotted the hydrangea that looked like it could use a new home. Finally managed to have some lunch at 3.

Still half a Sunday left. See what I can conjure up for the rest of the wkend.


**************************************************************************************************************************************

Damn, sat & finished the trilogy instead of writing my chapter!?!?!


BTW, birthday shout-out to Raelene up in Newcastle

No comments: