Sunday, November 26, 2006

Shopping




East Asia is such a shopping haven. With the high exchange rate (approx. A$1 = HK$6, and A$1 = NT$24), everything just seemed so much cheaper. I bought this pair of Converse (on sale) for just HK$159 (you do your own calculation). I can't get anything like this back in Aus for twice as much!?!?!? Almost bought another pair (red tartan) in Taipei for NT$690 (use a calculator you lazy asses!) but they didn't have my size. Fine! Spoiled my plans for having 5 pairs of red shoes. Guess I'd just have to get by with 4 pairs only :P



Things were even cheaper in Taipei. These were of course my half-day shopping in Dan Shui (淡水). The Snoopy board game you can see, for example, was only NT$300, & it's an official merchandise!!! I've bought more (other stuff I mean) since, but simply couldn't be bothered to take more photos. If only I can bring home all my shopping in First or Business Class luggage allowance & still pay only Economy fare......


Macau tomorrow. Well, if no rain.

Still need to do my SmartID.

No comments: