Saturday, November 18, 2006

Three weddings & a funeral

As most of you who have been following my blog would know that I've already attended 2 weddings this yr - once as a groomsman & once just as a normal guest. On top of that, I would also have alerted you to the fact that there is a third wedding coming up (in about 4 weeks' time), which makes it 3 weddings in the 1 year. The 1st 2 were in & around Sydney, & this 3rd is in HK, so, in an effort to try & make myself finish the blooming PhD quickly, I booked my flights early to arrive HK 5 weeks before the wedding just before the prices started to go up. As such, I'm here (HK) already. Alas, writing being writing thy just come & go at will (not my own will) so needless to say I still haven't submitted the darn thing. In fact, I've brought along Ch 1 with me to fix up while here in HK. Anywho, that's beside the point. I arrived late Wednesday night (re: previous blog entry) & by Friday (yesterday) morning the '3 weddings' turned into '3 weddings & a funeral'. My cousins NG's & Clara's grandma was involved in a traffic accident - she was hit by a school bus while crossing a suburban street & was killed instantly. Sad news, sad news. I've met her quite a few times throughout the years, always a kind lady. Shall be sadly missed. Actually, come to think of it, it is getting awfully similar to the plot in 4 Weddings & A Funeral, where there were 3 weddings, then a funeral, & then the botched 'wedding' between Hugh Grant & Andie McDowell. Hmm, who will be the permanently engaged '4th wedding' in this episode?

No comments: