Friday, August 17, 2007

Sick as a cat

There's a killer flu 'epidemic' (& I use the term loosely) running around at the moment. So far about 10 people have died. I, myself, picked up some virus lunch time yesterday & am now sick as a cat (I like dogs & not cats, ergo, sick as a 'cat'). My sneezing fit has stopped after some incessant pill-popping (alas, Herron only). Must stop by supermarket to get some Strepsils to quell the sore throat (the Vicks is simply not doing its trick) & the germs. Head is splitting. Argh.... Having distant relos staying with you doesn't help either, particularly if they have a couple of rather annoying kids. I mean, under 'normal' circumstances I have pretty low tolerance for children in any case, so when they are actually staying with you, plus the fact that they run up & down the stairs 10 million times a day, fling around bean bags, leave toys all over the place... That's just the Ace of Spade in my deck of Annoyance. Luckily they're being sent out to the snow for 2 nights from tonight & not return until Sunday night (thank God! A whole wkend of peace & quiet!) & then gone again on farm stay from monday to wednesday (hooray!) I can take my time looking up my tutoring courses, go watch the Simpsons Movie on GU weekly special, sleep in, watch Swans beat the Lions, look up travel info ......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Get well soooooon!!