Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Great use of public funds

Was stuck in traffic for a little while this morning because some truck spilled gravel along our main road so they closed 1 side of the road (2 lanes) & have two-way on my side of the 2 lanes instead. As we drove by we saw 5 police (men & women, mostly young-ish) standing around with their arms crossed, some leaning on the 1 police car that's right next to them, while 1 (yes ONE!) worker in fluro-yellow vest swept the dumped gravel to get cleared out. No surprise it took them forever to clean up that mess (about a 30-40m stretch of road) - I stopped listening to the radio when I got out of the car & didn't hear any progress afterwards, yet it was still congested (ie, cleaning up) about 1/2 hour after we drove past. What plumb job being a police in my area is - just standing around & watch others work. What a great use of public funds! No pics as I'm still stuck in the 'no camera on phone' age.

Meanwhile, bought some 'expendable' (as various websites have suggested) feeder fish on my way home to put some movements in the tank. So far I think all of them have survived (kinda hard to count with them being so small (1-2cm) & hiding behind fake plants & all).

No comments: