Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Faux tub


Faux tub
Originally uploaded by ragde2507.

Finally I've finished my faux stone tub planter! It's taken quite a while seeing that I kept putting it aside for other things like writing, reading, DVDs & movies, but as I'm having yet another one of my usual wednesday off, & after much bumming around this morning starting with Season 2 of Golden Girls on DVD & other bits & pieces, I finished plastering the remaining 2 sides of my faux tub (snowy polystyrine centre with home-mixed plaster exterior. Is that how you spell polystyrine? With so many Ys?) Here's the finished picture. No, not quite the finished product. As we speaking I'm waiting for my old-teabag/coffee distressing effect to dry so it'll look for like real stone instead of plastered polystyrine. Shall post again when product finished.

p.s. Never been around to watching TransAmerica free preview. Traffic/road work at Lane Cove just too crazy I'd have too much trouble getting home. Have not been to any movie since last post either, so no update on to-watch list either. Must find out when TransAm & Capote starts showing on non-arthouse cinemas...

p.p.s. Brokeback screenplay finally arrived Friday. Have already finished with short story, analysed it & pulled it apart (figuratively of course) like wrapping paper on Boxing Day. It's still as good as I had remembered and must proceed onto the screenplay & accompaying essasys by Proulx, McMurtry & Ossana double quick :)

No comments: