Saturday, March 18, 2006

Gyllenhaal week - take 2

Finally sent off my project at work on Thursday which meant that after lunch I didn't really have anything important/urgent to tend to. Discussion of Business Plan is not until this coming Thursday, so I proceeded to read screenplay of Donnie Darko. Yes, after reading and re-reading and re-reading Brokeback screenplay I'm kinda into reading screenplays at the moment, so Marley & Me would just have to sit by itself for a while. Can't remember exactly where I read it, but wherever it was it said that any Gyllenhaal (Jake) fan should watch Donnie Darko. I found out that yet another version (a 6+hr, 3 DVD collector's box) is coming out mid May, so I thought I'd find & read the screenplay before decided which version I should buy (stupid sigle-disc, Director's cut 2-disc, or the 3-disc super box). Like I said, nothing important/urgent to do Thurs arvo, so started reading D.D.. I'm still failing to see why it's being called a cult classic, because from what I read (finished Saturday morning before dance lesson when not feeling like writing) it was tremendously funny. It is clicky, but funny. So have decided to order the 3-disc super box now. Sigh, have to wait until mid May!?!! Oh well, shouldn't really be spending that much time doing anything other than writing anyway. Plus, groomsman duties would be over by then. Great timing. Can't wait.

Almost finished writing Ch 5. Should be read to send off by tomorrow & have meeting Wednesday morning. Good, progress I like.

More groomsman duties:
  1. Cars rented. Must remember to bring reservation numbers
  2. More dance lessons. Scarping cha cha & will now hone in on the foxtrot/4-steps from now on.
  3. Have designated bride's maid organised. Both of them are short, & both groomsmen (me included) are my height (well, I know I am, obviously. But Edmund is same height but smaller built) so won't make much difference who goes with who really
  4. Search for glass pebbles as decoration for reception. The bride actually asked me to do this, so does that technically make me a bride's maid double?
  5. Think about solution for rose decoration at reception. The bride asked me this too. I'm really doubling up as a quasi-bride's maid ain't I?

No comments: