Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Birthday, actually

The day has finally arrived and yesteryday was once again my birthday. As usual, I tried to keep it as low-key as possible but alas it didn't go according to plan. For no reason at all, Peter (my boss) looked up the staff files on Monday and to his surprise, after working with me for over 4 years, that yesterday (Tuesday) was in fact my birthday! So, when I turned up at my normal time (8:30) the trusty Barb was already at her desk clicking away. She said happy birthday and that caught me off-guard. That's when the Peter-looked-up-staff-files story got spilt. Ah well, secret's out. And guess what? After all that, still no cake!?! Cheap bastards!

Afternoon meeting went long but productive. Finally culled down the Blacktown indicators & now can bum around & wait for Area Health Service to give us stuff that we asked for. Also starting tutoring again next wk. Originally Kev said he won't be needing help in the 3rd yr course anymore so he gave me an extra session of 1st yr, but then later on (after I've accepted the extra 1st yrs) he changed his mind & said he needed help after all. Now I'm stuck with four hours straight of 1st yr workshop/tut classes on Tuesdays and the 5 wks of online 3rd yr tuts. At least they're only online tuts & I don't actually have to be there.

Today is Wednesday & is my usual stay-at-home day. I usually spend the first few hours of my waking moments recovering from tennis the night before & today was no exception. Watched a little bit of TV & played some video games before sitting down for Project Runway 2 while having lunch. After that I baked the 4th batch of doggy biscuits (parsley & tarragon) because we've run out of the previous batches (see May/June 2006). I thought about changing the shape of these biscuits away from my usual balling technique & decided on sticks instead. Unfortunately they all turned out looking like turds. With the freckles of shredded herbs poking through they give these turds a green tint. No sugar like usual so no intention of taste-testing said 'turds'.


p.s. a birthday shout-out to Baboon. maybe I'll see you in HK in Nov/Dec

No comments: