Monday, February 19, 2007

Rustic framing

Having another day-off at home to, umm, 'work' on my thesis. And of course, during stressful times like these 1 has to find ways of unwinding and relaxing. A couple weeks back I finished doing up the classic poster series of a Casablanca jigsaw puzzle & of course have backed it up with backing paper & cardboard. Now it's stiff as. And with the passionfruit vine torn down there are extra lattice lying around in our backyard, & I though what better way to complement the classic poster series than with a rustic frame!?! At first I was just going to go to the shops & buy a frame then 'rustic' it up, but there are any that are big enough. So not to chop down the jigsaw puzzle, I resorted to making 1 up myself. A quick stop at the hardware store to get a mitre box & it's an hour or so in the backyard sawing, staping & nailing up my new frame:


It fits like a glove but alas the rustic look doesn't fit all that well. Now I've painted it sandy yellow with a golden top layer (& a crackling layer in between so the sandy yellow would still come through) to sort of match up with the bought 1 that I have for my Gustav Klimt 'Kiss' jigsaw puzzle which I still have yet to finish doing up. Hmm, project, project...

No comments: