Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bargain hunting

Went down to the shops for my habitual Saturday morning 'walk' which consists of a quick stop @ the library, browse thru the shops @ Towers & quickly buy whatever that I absolutely needed to buy. All these usually only take about 2 hours max. Today was of course no exception. Got my books, CDs & DVDs from the library (ooh, this books has a short project on making a hammock seat!) & toured the shops. There were quite a few bargains to be had. There were a few stacks of clothes at Myer that were 75% off the marked (i.e., already reduced) price which meant that I got a white tuxedo shirt & a 100% cotton dress shirt for just $12.50 EACH!! Bargain! Then I moved along to DJ & found even better stuff! OK, so I didn't end up buying this scrumptious Ben Sherman, satin-lined long coat which fitted me perfectly (it was still $250 or something after reduction... sigh...), I did, however, get a new set of wireless keyboard & mouse for just $19.95 (reduced from $149. How ridiculous is that?? It was makred 'XP Entertainment Pack but all I needed to do was download the appropriate exe files from Microsoft for Vista). They're a great replacement for the old wired Dell keyboards & mouse. Am quite determined to rid all traces of that Dell from my life. Now having new keyboards & all, I can drop every old things back to UNSW when I head that way Wednesday. Pity there is no Borders at Towers 'cos otherwise I would've spent that 40% off voucher on more books. Have already scooped a hardcover Tintin & a colour Peanuts comic. Will scoop another hardcover Tintin when I next get near a Borders.

No comments: